Sunday, April 10, 2011

A little update on us………

AVERY

Avery is now 21 months old. She LOVES to read books, Well since she can’t read she loves to look at books or have us read them to her. She likes to point at all the pictures and tell us what they are. Every night I read her a goodnight story and every night she picks the exact same story for me to read to her. If Levi is reading the story she will pick a different book.

Avery is really SMART! She can say almost any word you ask her to say. She talks a lot and repeats everything we say (we have got to be careful around her). She can tell you her name, what color her eyes are, how old she is, she will point out any body part you ask her to.

Avery loves her dad. Each night Levi races home just to see her for one to two hours before she goes to bed. When she hears that garage door go up she gets so excited and starts yelling “dad!dad!dad!” and running around like a maniac. I just love to sit and watch them play together.

Avery doesn’t watch much TV but around 6:30 after we eat dinner she starts to say “Fortune” and we know that she wants to watch wheel of fortune. A little strange but I think she likes all the noises and the clapping and now she repeats the letters that the contestants say.

Avery Loves NURSERY!!!! After sacrament meeting she jumps off our laps and pretty much drags us to her class. If we don’t get up fast enough she walks herself there. Afterwards she tells me that they read stories, sang songs, had a snack, and blew bubbles.

There are just too many good things to say about Avery! I could go on for days and days but I guess I will leave it at that. I love her more than anything.

P1010739

LEVI

Levi is always so busy at work. We have our five min conversation for the day during my lunch break if he isn’t in a meeting. He is working at a law firm with offices in Scottsdale and Peoria and then also travels to and from Downtown Phoenix on the days he is scheduled in court.

Levi has been fixing up our backyard. He cut down two oleander bushes to make room for his garden. He had to shovel all the rocks out of the way. So far in our garden he has planted zucchini, squash, and bell peppers. He also planted two banana plants. Avery loves to work on whatever project Levi is working on. Levi showed Avery how to plant the plants and how to water them. Every night when we get home she has to go check on the plants and make sure they have water with dad.P1010706

KATHY

I have been slacking on this whole blog thing. I haven’t said much about this pregnancy. It’s a boy(I am sure due to Facebook everyone already knows this) I am almost 32 weeks along. But the doctor said I am measuring about 1-2 weeks bigger. I am due June 9th but it looks like it might be pushed up a little sooner, which I am perfectly fine with. I have gained 16 pounds. I feel fine. The only thing that is bothering me is that I have this vein the size of the Nile River weaving down my leg from my groin to my ankle. It is pretty much disgusting! I bought some compression hose that will hopefully control it a little bit. When I was pregnant with Avery I had the same vein but it never got this big and it went away after the pregnancy. I am hoping it will disappear again.

P1010750About a month ago I was asked to teach Relief Society. Today was my first lesson! Can we say SCARY!!!! Levi must think that I am a nut case. I think I just about had a heart attack while preparing for it! I have to teach once a month. Today is over and I am already thinking about next month. I am going to blame my craziness and the emotions on being pregnant.

7 comments:

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

so glad you updated finally! :)

so RS teacher is one of the scariest callings i think! or any teaching... im even scared to do sharing time! actually ive been freaking out about it and its not for like a month but still! and im sure once im done ill just be thinking about next time too! good luck though. im sure youll do great!! :)

FrankandAsh said...

She sounds like such a little smartie. Parker loves nursery too, I'm just scared to know how he really is in there:) Don't be scared to take away the pacifier. I thought it would be awful and not to say there wasn't moments but as far as night he's actually sleeping even better and only woke up once, and trust me Parker LOVED his bink. Just pick a long weekend and go for it. Our friends just had to take their sons away after having a new baby because he was being such a stink. Well it sounds like you guys are doing awesome and you look great! Oh and yes my phone still works, but Frank's doesn't:)..and surprise I'm pregnant too! Lol I'll be do in October so yay! Good Luck, hope to see you guys soon!

FrankandAsh said...

woops I mean due, I do know how to spell:)

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

loving the post thanks for the visuals you all look great see you in a few weeks...

Marshall and Jennifer said...

I thought you were having a girl. Why did I think you were having a girl? I am loosing my marbles, at the ripe old age of 26 I am friggin' loosing my marbles!!

katie said...

What a smarty-pants! You two are obviously wonderful parents!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

He will be here so soon!

I don't blame you about relief society. I am so scared of that calling. I teach Sharing time every few weeks and I get nervous for that. And kids won't judge me! I definitely feel your pain.