Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kathy wants it to be clear that Levi wrote this so I put it in the title.

I want a chicken. Not just any chicken. Some guy on craigslist has some Malaysian Serama chickens for $30. I am trying to decide whether I should buy his chickens or order some eggs online and put them in a bator (in my studies I have found that people who raise chickens don't say the full 'incubator').
They are so rad. They look like a bantam chicken, the kind you see on a farm, but they are miniature. They are also the friendliest chicken there is. I don't know exactly how friendly a chicken can be but it seems like these ones really like people.
The biggest obstacle to having chickens are the two dogs that prowl the yard. They go all kinds of crazy when I pick up my BB gun because they think that they are going to get to run down a pigeon. I think that I am going to get a cheap chicken and try to train the dogs not to eat it before I invest any real money in Seramas.
Kathy thinks I am pretty weird. But when I told my Dad about it he thought it was great. I bet that my brother thinks it would be cool too.

2 comments:

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Chickens,

Pluck Yeah... Thats a good idea especially if you can get them to eat scorpions and poop in the garden. I can get all the growth hormone we need if we decide to cock fight.

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Just have a kid instead of a chicken. No pressure. :)