Sunday, August 3, 2008

Two years down............many more to go!

August 2nd was our two year anniversary and we wanted to get out of town and away from the heat so I took Thursday and Friday off of work and we headed up to Pinetop. We had a great weekend away. We stayed at Levi's grandparent's cabin. It was a relaxing trip. Levi's grandparents were up there for the summer so we spent some time with them and also Levi's brother Art and his family were there. It was great to see them. We had a great time with all of them. We went fishing at Sunrise Lake on the Apache reservation. We kept catching little rainbow trout while we were trolling and throwing them back. Right before we left the lake Levi's grandpa caught a decent sized trout that we took home. We also went to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls. I am really not that great at it. Most of the time I miss the ball but it is still fun to try. Everyone else hit the ball all the way to the end of the range. The weather was perfect not to hot and not to cold. There are some old school bikes up at the cabin that we took cruising around the forest roads. We also took alot of walks around the block and watched all the chipmunks and squirells scamper around. We love it in Pinetop. We wish we could go more often!


Art, Grandpa Hatch, Kathy and the one good size trout
Hitting some balls at the driving range.

Our niece Addison hanging out with her favorite aunt "Kah-ty" and uncle "wah-bi".

4 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary! Glad you guys could get away from the heat for that and take work off. Don't worry I am for sure way worse than you at the driving range or anything to do with golf. I'd be too embarrassed to show you my awful skills. Maybe at goofy golf I'm not too bad. But once I get into the serious golfing stuff my skills hit the bunker. Glad you had fun!

Aaron and Kaime said...

That is awesome! I did not realize it had already been 2 years. That is so crazy. I am happy for you two. Sounds like you had fun.
Ok, Levi from the post before. Does that mean you are a lawyer or still going to school for being a lawyer. I guess i am confused as to what you are doing.

Romi said...

It sounds like you had a fun anniversary! Ya I can't believe that Jason and I have been married for over a year.. it goes by very fast!

Marshall and Jennifer said...

Hi Kitty Kat! Marshall is done playing lacrosse at BYU. He finished up last year. Yes, i do have my eyeliner tattood on. It hurt like you wouldn't believe but it was way worth it. I love it. I have actually done it twice now. More frequent posts would be nice. Just something to think about. I am glad all is well and you had fun on your anniversary. It is important to keep the good times rolling.