Saturday, February 6, 2010

Yet another post about Avery


We are pretty boring and don't have much going on just work work work so I guess I will just have to do another post about Avery! Today Avery is 7 months old. Where does the time go? She is growing so fast. At her 6 month check up she weighed 16 pounds 2 ounces and was 27 inches tall. She can already fit into 12 month clothes, they are a pretty big around but the length is perfect! We started feeding her oatmeal and rice cereal and she loves it. She can down a lot of food quickly as long as she doesn't want to play and blow raspberries when her mouth is full. We have given her a few tastes of food here and there. The faces she makes are hilarious. She loved the mashed potatoes but when I tried her with some banana she dry heaved until it came out of her mouth. I thought kids liked bananas?
In January Avery and I went to Utah for a friend's wedding and Avery was a perfect angel there! She finally has gotten over her colic-i-ness. The last day we were in Utah she cried for four hours straight and I couldn't figure out what was bothering her until we were on the plane home and I saw two little white dots on her gums where teeth had broken through. Those four hours were rough but after that she didn't cry from teething again. Thank goodness it was before the plane ride.
Avery is so much fun to play with. She loves laying on the floor and rolling where ever she wants to go. When she is laying on the floor you can always tell when she wants to be picked up because she does crunches and puts her arms out and she can stay in that position for quite some time. She is going to have a six pack in no time! She can sit up by herself for a little bit then topples over. Avery loves to stand up, with help of course. A lot of people told me that their kids became entranced with shows like Baby Einsteins but Avery will watch a little then go on to other things. The one show she will watch pretty much all of is Wheel of Fortune, except when the commercials come on she gets distracted. She loves all the colors and all the noises that show has. Avery is just so so so much fun and we love her to death if you couldn't tell!

5 comments:

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Ha Ha that is soo funny...Addy isn't a big fan of bananas either! once in a while she will eat a couple of bits, but she has NEVER finish a whole banana! Gosh it is CRAZY to think that in less than a week I will have another little one around! Wheel of Fortune...that is funny! To each is own! Addy came over when I clicked on your blog and immediately wanted to see more of your pictures and was describing them to me! We miss you guys, Art told me that your mom was coming into town for two weeks...Yeah I have to admit I am a little relieved knowing you guys will be taken care of while Peggy is helping out! I need to call you and chat!

Kimbra said...

ha ha Wheel of Fortune! That's hilarious! She's so darn adorable! And hopefully her teething will pass by smoothly!!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I think that is a new method, distraction by wheel of fortune.

It is crazy that she is 7 months already. Maybe we need to do pictures again? ;>

she is growing and just so cute. Love to hear your stories.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Wheel of Fortune, that is so funny! Avery will be a pro when it comes to filling in the blank.
I don't know why bananas aren't always a favorite. I tried it myself, and I think they taste pretty good. Sensitive taste buds, I guess? (or texture?)

FrankandAsh said...

so fun, they get to be soo much fun these next few months as more and more of their personality comes out and they can interact with you. Next time you come she just might be taller then Parker:)