Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Camera Problems

Word to the wise: if your camera goes crazy on you, check the manufacturer's web page for a repair notice. My dad's Nikon showed distorted images on the viewfinder with white lines and we thought it was trashed. But Nikon had a notice that the ccd was bad and that they would fix it for free if that turned out to be the problem. They fixed it and had it back to me in a week even though it was three years old and the warranty had run out long ago.
A couple of weeks ago Kathy's Canon camera showed some of the same problems and I found out that they had a repair notice on their web page too. I guess that the camera companies get their parts from the same suppliers and so they can have the same problems. I am sending her camera in tomorrow. I just thought that I should let others know that if your camera goes goofy on you, check to see if the supplier will fix it even if the warranty is up. Later, Levi.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet Heads up abour the camera! lol I got a gmail account so that I could leave you a stinkin comment! I am such a sucka. lol