Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You look like you are glowing!

Today at work I was taking a patient back into the exam room to get his vitals and get him ready for the doctor to see and his wife was with him. His wife is also a patient there and I usually see her about once every three months because she comes in for her own appointments, her husbands, and she brings her mom for her appointments, so I have gotten to know her a little bit. Plus I talk to her on the phone with lab/xray results or whatever else I might need to discuss with her. Anyways we were in the exam room and I was asking her husband about his medications and out of no where she said, "Kathy there is something different about you!" I just kind of laughed and said really you think so? She said, "I don't know what it is but there is something diffferent about you." So I told her that over Christmas break I got a haircut, some new highlights, plus I got a cut with bangs that I have never had before and that that was probably what looked different about me. Then she said, "You know your hair does look different but there is something else. You just look like you are glowing! Your face is glowing! I really don't know what it is but you look like you are glowing!" She just kept saying it over and over. So I told her, "Yeah it might just be my new hair-do or maybe because I am pregnant!" And she freaked out!!! It was so funny! I couldn't stop laughing! She told me that the last time she came in she walked past me while I was at my desk and she thought the same thing about my face glowing but didn't say anything because I was on the phone. It is just so weird how people notice things like that. I really don't think I look different in any way. Well, except for a little gut but you wouldn't be able to see that in scrubs! Yesterday I weighed myself at work and thought I finally gained a pound but I weighed myself again today and I was down back to my original weight! I don't know what is going on I thought I was suppose to gain weight!?!?!?! The book said that I was suppose to gain atleasty 5-10 pounds by week 17 and on sunday I will be in week 16 and still haven't gained anything!

7 comments:

Aaron and Kaime said...

take more pictures. I am so freaking excited that i want to watch every step

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

I never understood the whole glowing thing either when I was pregnant! That is funny though! I bet you just look extra happy and beautiful!:) And with the gaining no weight thing, would you stop that right now?!?! Seriously! Just shut it and be happy that you haven't gained anything girlfriend!:) Cause once you start putting it on you wont be turning back! And P.S. we can't all be tall and be 17 weeks along and not look pregnant still! Cause when your 5 foot 3 you start gaining the minute you concieve and it doesnt stop! :) Love ya!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

That's pretty funny. That's how someone I work with found out I was pregnant, she just came up to me and said "so when are we planning a baby shower?" and said I was glowing, that's how she could tell. I don't know what this glowing thing they are talking about looks like, but apparently it happens. How crazy that she noticed that on you. You must really be a glowing mama!

Jill McQuade said...

Ditto to everything Elise said, only I'm not even 5'3" and it does get worse with subsequent pregnancies...

Jamie said...

People think im pregnant all the time I dont see the big deal. But then again I wear those Baby on Board shirts

Unknown said...

Kathy, I don't think you are the only one that is glowing. Check this link out: www.annie-and-sergio.blogspot.com/

Crazy Girl!

Aaron and Kaime said...

Did you hear???!!!??? I am engaged!!!