Friday, February 13, 2009

It's a....

This morning we went for an ultrasound to check up on our baby. The office is called Phoenix Perinatal Associates, and it was very nice. The woman that did the ultrasound was super polite and everybody was happy and kind, it was probably the best doctor's office I have ever been to because of how nice and helpful everyone was.
Levi was really impressed with the ultrasound machine. It recorded in real time and then the operator would pause, rewind and play forward in slow motion to make sure that she captured the correct shot for making the measurements of the baby. Then it would just snap back to real time for her to do it again. She also flipped it into a 3D rendering mode to get images of the baby in the womb. She said that based on the measurements the baby was 19 weeks along, and I will be 19 weeks on Sunday so it looks like everything is coming along on schedule. The baby is healthy and normal, and they couldn't detect any problems from the ultrasound.
I don't think that I have felt the baby moving but it was sure squirming during the ultrasound. From the very beginning the baby was moving it's arms and legs all over, and was moving pretty quick. It even rolled over and the doctor had a hard time looking at the heart because the spine was then in the way.
And finally, its a GIRL! We are so excited and can't wait till she is finally here. To tell you the truth I really wanted it to be a boy. Not for any reason in particular, I think it is because I am the only girl in my family and loved having older brothers. Also I was the little girl that told my mom, "No more PINK!" I told everyone at work that I wanted a boy but I thought it was going to be a girl because I was getting the ultrasound on Friday the 13th, and I was right! But we are really looking forward to having a little girl. There is something about a little girl that is so sweet. Our Niece Alivia is the sweetest little girl. She will come up to you and sit on your lap and cuddle with you and tell you all about everything that was going on. When the newest Nephew was born Alivia was all about it. She always wanted to sit by Reed and touch him and play with him. It was so cute! Thats the part that I am excited for. Please don't expect all the bows and dresses though because I am not that creative!



Little baby toes!


Our little girl squirming and covering her face.


Yes, its a girl. Thats just the umbilical cord.

6 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

YAY!!! That is so exciting! I haven't had my little girl yet but I've had lots of moms, who had girls first, tell me that they love having their firstborn be a girl. They are their little helpers and so sweet. So exciting! The ultrasounds always make it seem so real. You will feel her kicking before you know it and then she won't stop, but it's always fun.

Romi said...

That is great news that you are having a girl! Congrats!

Bran, Cedes and Bailee said...

YAY!! A GIRL!! I am sooo happy for you guys! You need to come visit Utah!! We need to go shopping :)oh fyi i am gonna try this blogging thing again since i really sucked my first go round! but i am back and ready!

katie said...

Yippee! Girls are the best! Congratulations on a healthy pregnancy! We'll keep praying that everything goes wonderfully for you guys!

Marshall and Jennifer said...

I was just thinking the other day how much our lives have changed since the days at the FFI...Good Times! I am so excited for you!!! It will be perfect timing... you will just be feeling better and your baby will be able to leave the house and come to Utah for my wedding!!! Hooray! Thanks for planning your pregnancy around me, i really appreciate it. Congratulations!!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

YAY!!! It's about time someone has a girl in this family! :) We knew it, we just knew it! And we couldn't be more thrilled! So exciting! Can't wait to see you in April! :)