Sunday, March 22, 2009

I don't want to wear mittens to bed

I need some ideas from anyone who can help. These last three weeks my stomach has itched so bad! I don't mean that it itched and I scratched it once and it was all good to go, I am talking itchy itchy itchy all day long and to satisfy the itchiness I have to scratch my belly really really hard for a good amount of time and usually my stomach is still not satisfied, I just know that I have to stop scratching it. I will even wake up in the middle of the night and find myself scratching my stomach. I just can't stop myself. I try really really hard and still find myself scratching. I have bought all sorts of lotions with cocoa butter and vitamin E that people have recommended for me but it just doesn't seem to help. I have been putting the lotion on all day long and it isn't helping. Sometimes I put a little ice pack on my stomach to numb the area so I can't tell that it is itchy! All I can think of all day long is DON'T SCRATCH YOUR STOMACH! Just the other day I scratched my stomach so bad that it actually started to bleed and I have scratch marks all over my stomach. I can't stand it anymore. I have a doctors appointment this week that I am going to ask my doctor what she recommends I use, but if any one knows of anything that works good let me know because I am dying!! I am going to have to start wearing gloves to bed so I can't scratch my stomach!

6 comments:

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Oh, that means your stomach is stretching and getting bigger! :) Baby girl must have taken Aunt Elise's advice to have a growth spurt before your shower! :) Yay for your belly growing, but not good for itching like crazy! I remember itching, but not to the point of drawing blood! Which reminds me, I think it's time for another belly shot! The only advice I have is straight vitamin E oil. Not lotion with Vitamin E oil in it, but straight oil. You can buy it at GNC. It's kinda pricey but I think it might help. Good Luck! See ya soon! :)

Haleigh said...

Hey Kathy, A friend of mine had this condition called cholestasis during her pregnancy. I just remember her saying that she was super itchy. Hopefully it is just your growing belly!! But, you should call your doc if you're having a hard time sleeping. Keep us posted!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Oh Kathy! That is crazy itching. I know my tummy was itchy around then and I got a little irritated with it but yours sounds like it is worse than mine (I would be going nuts!). I'm sorry the lotion isn't helping. That would've been my advice but it looks like you already did that. Hopefully your Dr. can give you some good tips. You could try googling it if you want to try to find something sooner.

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Hey Kathy well it is a nice thought about moving down to AZ but I have a feeling I might be farther away, hopefully not but ya never know, that and I somehow have to be around for the couple of hours that I do get to see him, yeah I am just a little nervous and all.

Ask your doc. first but I had a chronic itching problem the entire pregnancy and to say the least I LIVED on benadryl and loritadine which my OB said was fine and safe and if I didn't take it I would break out with rashes on my upper chest, yeah I feel your pain it pretty much stinks...so like we all said check with your doc. first and see if there is something else wrong and ask him if you can take some sort of anti itch or allergy medicine to see if it doesn't take the itching away! Good Luck hopefully we will be coming down this weekendbut we are not 100% sure yet, we'll let ya know!

Bran, Cedes and Bailee said...

After reading that MY stomach started itchin haha but really I don't even know what to tell you, my first thought was lotion and Vitamin E, my second thought might sound crazy, but hey we have been best friends for so long it feels normal to have a crazy answer right?!

Ok i always do this with my hands and feet when the weather changes and my hands get dry and cracked and itchy... I cover them with vaseline, wrap them in saran wrap and put socks or gloves on haha... maybe try that with your tummy! I am OBVIOUSLY no doctor... but just an idea :)

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

man that sucks! :( Im sorry... it reminds me of an episode of friends when someone had the chicken pox so they duck taped oven mits on their hands!! Maybe that will work! :)