Monday, May 18, 2009

Graduation!!!

This last week was very busy. My parents came into town for Levi's graduation. We had a great time seeing them. I hope they had a good time here in the heat! We did a lot of shopping, eating out, and we saw the new star trek movie! On Wednesday I worked the first half of the day and then we all went to Levi's commencement program. It was a lot of walking, sweating and standing in lines to get in. It was at ASU's football stadium and man was it hot!! The thing didn't start until seven but since there was so much security we were told we had to be there by four! There was a little pre show where we got to see Alice Cooper perform "schools out for summer." I was a little disappointed because he didn't have all his crazy makeup on! But it was still fun to see! There was so much security because The President Barack Obama came and spoke at the commencement. Its fun to say that you have seen the President in real life but it was more fun listenening to Levi and my dad make their comments about everything the president said! It was pretty funny! I think that all of us that went lost five to ten pounds just from sweating, plus the long walk to and from the stadium! Man was I pooped after that.


I took Friday off of work to go to Levi's convocation! It was a lot nicer than the commencement ceremony-----no long lines, no sweating, no long walks to and from the building. The hoods that they have to wear with the gown is pretty funky, it was maroon and gold on one side and royal blue velvet on the other. The whole program was only an hour and a half. After Levi got his diploma we had a really nice dinner at Levi's Grandparents house. It was so yummy! I am so proud of Levi. He has worked so hard at law school. He took extra classes during the summer just to learn as much as he could while he was attending school. He also worked on the law review for the last two years. Now we just need to find a job for him!


On Saturday Levi took my dad to the shooting range while my mom and I did some shopping! I think they had a good time at the range. My dad brought home his target and had to show it off to all of us. The rest of the day we did some shopping and relaxed. My parents left for home early Sunday morning. We really enjoyed them visiting! It won't be long until they come again for the new baby! We can't wait!!!!

6 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I can't believe you were outside that long (and being so far along in your pregnancy)!! I bet Levi is so relieved that he has finally graduated after all his hard work. That is such a great accomplishment. Best of luck to you guys with the job search. Let us know when he finds one.

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Holy crap that is crazy that you, being pregnant, Lasted that long in that terrible sun and heat...I'm surprised you didn't go into labor, for cryin out loud...Was it worth it????J/K that still is super exciting that Levi graduated, we were super bummed that we couldn't make it down but we are just glad that you guys get to move onto the next chapter in your lives, yeah congrats again...what an enormous accomplishment! Enjoy!

FrankandAsh said...

Congratulations! it will be so nice to have him done with school, especially in time for the baby..trust me I know:)

Romi said...

I bet you are way excited that Levi is done with law school now- especially with your baby on the way! :) That is so exciting!!!

Unknown said...

Hahaha! Frath, you knew it would be hot down there in the Arizona Sun:) Maybe the heat helped you cook your little bun in the oven so she will come sooner!! I can't wait to see little Hatch baby!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! LEVI! I am very impressed and excited to see what future you bring to my Kathy. Way to GO! keep up the good work:)

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Congratulations Levi! You guys seriously went through all of that to listen to Barrack Obabma? Haven't you heard enough from him already? I certainly have! :) Baby Hatch will be here soon! Can't wait.