Wednesday, June 10, 2009

35 1/2 Weeks

On Monday I had an appointment with my doctor and I was supposed to be going every two weeks but my original appointment was canceled the week before due to an emergency C-section my doctor had to do. So really it had been three weeks since my last appointment. My doctor measured my stomach and said that I had only grown one centimeter since my last visit (3 weeks ago) when it should be growing at least one centimeter each week. So she sent me in for an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay. She also told me I was dilated to a 2. She said that she didn't think that I would deliver tomorrow, but she really didn't think that I would last until my due date of July 12th. I was excited to hear that, and now I am expecting to go early. But with my luck I will still probably go past my due date like most new moms. If I do go over, it will be ten times worse because now I am expecting to have her early! I hate this waiting game of not knowing.

At the ultrasound the next day the doctor told me that the baby was growing well, that she was in the 80th percentile on all the measurements. She also said that my amniotic fluid was still in the normal range but on the low side. So I was told to drink as much water as possible each day (at least a gallon) and to take it easy and try to stay off my feet. We will recheck the fluid next Monday with another ultrasound.

Levi and I were both relieved to hear that everything is going well, it is nerve racking to have your doctor order unplanned exams and not tell you why or what to expect. Because of that warning about the baby coming early we packed the bag to take to the hospital, and put our moms on notice that they might need to alter their travel plans. We'll keep everyone informed on the blog.

8 comments:

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

We were SO relieved to hear everything was okay with that sweet baby! I seriously was sick about it all day! And yay for being dilated to a 2. Some woman are dilated forever and nothing happens. I hope you have her early though! And that everything goes smoothly! Are you ready for this? You're gonna be a MOM!!! Wowsa! Your life will NEVER be the same. And in a good way! Being a Mom is the best thing in the world! There is NOTHING more rewarding! Oh and P.S. how bout a belly shot? Seriously! :)

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I'm so so so excited for you guys. I'm glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well. I can't believe you are already dilated to a 2. I was dilated to a 2 on my due date. I wasn't even dilated when I was where you are at. Lucky you, I wanted to be dilated then. Your little girl will be here soon enough. It will be a wonderful day. Make sure to have Levi take lots of pictures to remember the day and so we can see to :) Best of luck on the big day when it comes.

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

yeah how exciting, I am going to be an aunt again, I just love being an aunt! I am so glad that everything was okay and normal with your ultra sound visit! I hope you do get to see Avery sooner...she is going to open your eyes to a whole new exciting world or fun, laughter, precious moments, and the most amazing love you have ever felt! I know art is really excited too! Listen to the Doc take it easy and drink the water! Oh I can't wait to meet her as I am sure you and Levi are! I pray your delivery goes fast and very smooth. Good Luck! We only wish we could be closer to enjoy in your happiness! Soon enough, your little angel will be here!

FrankandAsh said...

I'm so excited for you! But your right don't get your hopes up I was dilated to a 3 my first check and was told the same thing and I got all anxious and it was another 3 weeks, still early though. But I bet you'll go in the next week of two. It's gone by so fast (maybe not for you). Well good luck! I hope everything goes well!

Amber said...

Hey Kathy! It's Amber (Cam's wife)... I know how you feel about the waiting game. Just think you are going on your due date then you won't be dissapointed if you don't go super early! I have a present for you, sorry I missed your shower. I hope to get it to you before you have your little girl... it will fly by so fast!

Amber

Melanie said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were that far along! I'm glad all is going well and I hope you have her early!

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

wow! she could be here anytime now!! thats so crazy! well we are so glad to hear everything is going well... keep us updated! :)

Unknown said...

KAthy! I am so GLAD to hear that you are alright and that your baby girl will be with us soon! I can't wait to meet the little Kathy & Levi! She will be so Great! Mommy Frathy:) I like it, hahahahaha!