Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day everyone! Today was a great day. Levi and I woke up early to get an elk roast started in the crock pot for dinner later. Levi then surprised me with a mothers day present even though I am not quite a mom. He got two mommy and me bracelets that match each other. He got a pink and a white set. One for me and one for the baby. And of course a chocolate bar! Any pregnant person knows you can't go wrong with chocolate. It was perfect. Levi is so thoughtful! He is the best Husband ever! I love him so much!

In the afternoon we had Levi's parents over for a mothers day dinner. It was delicious. We had a elk roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and green peppers, steamed squash, jell-o and for dessert a double chocolate pie from Costco(of course I picked out the chocolate). It was nice to have Levi's parents over to our house for dinner. They have had us over for Sunday dinner every Sunday since we have been married--two and half years. They are so kind to have us! We didn't want to make Peggy cook for us on mothers day.

Peggy is an amazing person. She can't ever slow down. She retired last year after 26 or so years of working for mesa public schools. Now she fills up her days gardening, exercising, doing humanitarian projects for the church, and making us the cutest baby blanket ever! She is a great mother-in-law and she makes some killer meat loaf!!! I have never liked meatloaf until now!

My parents also came into town today. They are here for the week for Levi's graduation. We are so excited to have them come visit. It was so kind of them to bring down all the baby gifts from the baby shower in Utah. Maybe when they are here my mom can give me another sewing lesson. My mom is the best seamstress in the world. She can make anything. She always has a project going on. Whether it be making blankets for the grandkids, sewing Halloween costumes, or fixing a rip in a pair of jean she does an amazing job! Right now she is making receiving blankets for her humanitarian group. When they started this group they came up with the name the looney loomers! I suggested that the group should be called the happy hookers!(I make myself laugh) Their group is truly amazing. They all work really hard on helping out those in need. They meet once a month and find projects to work on.

My mom loves, loves, loves her grandkids. She would do anything for them! Whenever I talk to her on the phone she is always telling me something funny that one of them did. She would do anything for any one of her kids or grandchildren. Levi and I just wanted to tell our moms how much we love and appreciate everything you do for us. Thank you!!!

5 comments:

FrankandAsh said...

Kathy you sound like your already getting that motherly glow! Happy Mother's Day!

katie said...

Kathy you make me laugh too! I love reading your blog. Tell Levi Happy Graduation!

BUD's World (Halsey's) said...

I don't know if I'm on your list, but I'm really happy for you.Being a lawyer will make the tough converts easier.

BUD's World (Halsey's) said...

Levi's folks are wonderful old scool. When my mom and dadbought a farm 70 miles out of Detroit, in the 2nd week my dad, after breakfast, told mom "oh, by the way, there will be 15 guys for lunch, we're filling our silo today" She couldn't really cook. so she baked about a dozen pies. I'm sure you will be great parents. 7 grandkids and whenever barb's with any one of them - it's unconditional Love
me on the computer-what next?

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Wow sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. That was sweet of Levi! and nice of you two to cook dinner for the Hatch's! I am still laughing at your "happy Hookers" pretty funny! We miss you guys and really missed the fact that we weren't able to come down for Levi's graduation...Please tell him again we both said Congratulations! We were thinking about you two constantly through out that day! My girlfriends husband graduated that evening too from ASU! To be honest I am jealous that you guys are FINALLY done with school, well we'll be there one day right, one day! Take care and keep in touch!