Sunday, February 3, 2013

All about Avery

I have totally slacked off in the blog department. The last blog was from a trip back in June. So much has happened since then so I thought I would just do a little catch up each day or so to get back on track. Lets start with Avery.

P1040563
Gift with a bowAvery turned 3 back in July and we had a great birthday bash at our house. Several of our friends came over to celebrate with us. The kids had fun playing in the backyard with bubbles, running through the sprinkler, and playing in the little blue pool.

P1040527P1040535P1040537P1040540P1040542P1040547P1040548P1040555P1040561
SchoolAvery has loved every second of preschool. She can write all her ABC’s. She knows the sound for each letter. She has started sounding out words. Avery knows her address and she is learning her phone number now. She can spell plenty of words like Avery, mom, dad, boots, bat, boo, and stop.

School busBack in October they went on a field trip to Schnepf Farms. Mason and I tagged along for the adventure. The kids went on so many fun rides. They have a roller coaster there and I asked Avery if she wanted to go on it. She said yes but I don’t think she knew what she was getting herself into. I couldn’t go on it with her because I had Mason with me. I had her sit by a girl that lives by us but is a few years older than Avery. I waited at the bottom of the first drop and Avery looked terrified along with her friend. I don’t know if you can tell by the picture but she was so scared! At least she didn’t cry!  I just thought to myself at least it only goes around once, boy was I wrong they went around 3 times! Poor girl. I asked her if she wanted to go again and she said NO WAY! We also got to pick out a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.

P1040799

Happy and smiling at the beginning. Terrified at the top!

P1040801

P1040800

P1040803P1040807P1040811P1040813P1040814P1040817P1040822
PrincessAt the first of the year Avery started a ballet dance class. It has been so much fun to watch her learn new things each week. She comes home and practices all her new moves. Mason likes to join in sometimes.

P1040991P1040992
SunAvery is a Sunbeam now in Primary. She loves primary and loves to sing the songs each week. Her favorite songs are I am a child of God and popcorn popping. During Christmas time her favorite song was Away in a Manger. It amazes me to see all the things she learns.

2 comments:

steve + brindy arnett said...

yay i'm so glad you're catching up on your blogging... i've missed your updates! i cant believe how much avery knows... im a major slacker, i havent even taught jude his ABC'S!! avery's a genius tho, shes always been sooo super smart it seems!
anyways, feels like we havent seen you guys in forever! we've got the plague right now but after were better we definitely need to get together!

Audrey Crisp said...

What a cute smart girl!